Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Well, it took forever to motivate myself, but I finally finished a book during the summer. One that I have been meaning to read ever since a favorite teacher of mine in the 9th grade gave me a copy: Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. (forgive my spelling).



I love this book for many reasons. Although, that's not to say that the book didn't have some slow parts. However, I trudged through it, and am very glad that I read it.

Some favorite points:
~When the main character is asked if he is serious or joking when speaking to the public, the character replies with a half-serious, half-joking answer.
~The drawings: inane and horrible, but add to the story anyway
~The short stories that the main character writes reflect a lot of interesting opinions, that we'll never know if Kurt Vonnegut was truly serious about, or if he was simply exaggerating society for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment